jueves, 27 de noviembre de 2014

Do really parents help to transmit values through sport?

In most cases, of course not! I've been teaching basketball for many years and unfortunately I've seen awful behaviors of parents who are supposed to encourage their children. Instead of that, their favorite hobbies are shouting, insulting referees or criticizing coaches like me or even their own children. It's truly disgusting indeed.

Are they frustrated people who have wanted to be well known athletes as Nadal, Gasol or Iniesta? Maybe yes. But this shouldn't be an excuse for such a pathetic behavior. They should cheer them up all the time and let them enjoy their favorite sport. Not only winning is important but also to learn and have fun playing any sport.

You're going to see two significant files I found interesting. One of them where there are rules for parents on football matches. I thought it was a joke but I also found a video in which almost all of these standards are met. It was a science fiction short film? It's very idealistic but someday I would love to see this healthy environment in any field. Is it possible?

2 comentarios:

  1. Hello David! I totally agree with you.
    I read your post wich is very related to one I wrote. You can read it here: http://recursoseducacionfisicateachers.blogspot.com.es/2014/11/the-coach.html
    Interesting blog! :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. As you well say, I read it and it's a similar and right opinion about this issue. I'm very grateful for your comment.

      Eliminar